Your Challenge: Use household ingredients to make your own lip gloss!
1.5 oz Beeswax Pearls (available at craft stores)
1 oz Cocoa butter
1.5 oz Mango Butter
.5 oz Almond Oil
.5 oz Jojoba Oil
1 Teaspoon Coconut Oil
1-2 Teaspoons Peppermint Essential Oil
5-10 Drops Rosemary Oil Extract
Lip Balm Containers
Be Safe! Ask for an adult’s help if you are under 11!
1. Melt the beeswax pearls in a small saucepan on the lowest heat setting.
2. Once melted, add the butters and remelt. Add the essential oils and heat through.
3. Remove from heat and add the flavored oils (peppermint, coconut, rosemary) to your liking.
4. Place in small lip balm containers.
Take it Further:
To create color, melt in small bits of a crayon or Kool-Aid mix!
- Lipgloss was invented by a man, Max Factor, in 1930! He created the semi-liquid to make lips shiny for films!
- Max Factor also invented commercial lipstick and the mascara wand with his company Max Factor Co.
- LipSmacker, the first flavored lipgloss, was presented in 1973.
- Egyptians invented lipstick over 4000 years ago!
- Lips appear red due to the amount of tiny blood vessels underneath them.
- Saliva has enzymes that break down food and do the same when they come in contact with lips. Thus, drying your lips out.