Your Challenge: Explore polymers and states of matter while you make some funky glitter slime!
1 stir stick
1 small jar
- Add 1 tablespoon of water to your cup.
- Add 1 tablespoon of glue to your cup.
- Use your stick to stir the water and the glue.
- Choose your glitter. Add it to your cup and stir.
- Add 1 tablespoon of liquid starch to your cup.
- Stir with your stick until the mixture becomes thick.
- Take your slime out of the cup and mix it with your hands. It will dry out as you play with it.
- Decorate your jar.
Take It Further:
Hold one end of your ball of slime and see how long it will stretch. Pull your slime into a sheet to see how thin you can make it. Pull your slime apart quickly. What happens? Does your slime bounce? Does your slime change when played with? What happens when you leave it on the table?
How It Works:
Most types of slime are polymers. A polymer is composed of large chains of molecules that are composed of units called monomers.