Looking for something to do?
Want to do something different and absolutely cool this summer? How about adding in a huge helping of science-filled fun? Summer Science Camps at the Science Center are an adventure for kids ages 4 - 14!
Investigate science careers, experiment with roller coasters, build a bridge, and more with Carnegie Science Center's Summer Science Camps! You'll enjoy a full week of themed activities (we have TONS of camps to choose from), hundreds of hands-on exhibits (and Highmark SportsWorks®), an Omnimax film, a summer camp T-shirt, interaction with dozens of science education professionals, and even field trips for some camps!
TechNights! at Carnegie Mellon University
TechNights (Creative Technology Nights for Girls - Free) is a program focused on exposing middle school girls to creative technologies. Using computer animation, web design, programming, robotics, and interactive medias, we hope to engage a future generation of women in technology.
STEM Outreach Programs at Robert Morris University
Summer Workshops for High School Girls at Carlow University
Carlow offers three fun, fast-paced summer workshops for high school girls! Whether you are interested in pursuing a career in healthcare, science or environmental areas, you will interact with and learn from professionals in those fields. Learn more about Prepare To Care, Summer Science Nation, and ECO Camp at the above link.
Youth Programs at the University of Pittsburgh- check out the full list! Here are a few highlights:
- Technology Leadership Initiative- TLI is an opportunity for you to get a head start on your career in computers and technology. Do you want to learn how to design web sites? Want to learn how to program a robot? Want to learn how to build a computer? Then TLI is for you!
- DiscoBio - This program introduces rising high school juniors and seniors to the emerging fields of research that use both computational and experimental approaches to answer fundamental questions in Cancer Biology and related disciplines, including: Computational Structural Biology (studying how proteins move and interact with each other); Drug Discovery (theoretical and experimental designing and testing of candidate drug compounds); Genomics/Bioinformatics (analyzing large data sets of sequencing and other data); Image Analysis/Informatics (training a computer how to “see” and analyze biological image data); and Systems Biology (tackling biological questions using an integrated, holistic approach).
- UPCI International Academy on Careers in Cancer Program - The University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute (UPCI) Academy provides rising high school seniors with eight weeks of research-focused didactic and experiential learning at six locations.
- Investing Now! - Swanson School of Engineering. Investing Now is a college preparatory program created to create a pipeline for well-prepared students to enter college and pursue science, technology, engineering and math majors
Pre-College Programs -Carnegie Mellon University Summer 2017
Summer Pre-College programs will show you what life at Carnegie Mellon is all about - from the classroom to what's happening on weekends. You'll meet people from all over the world, be inspired by our world-renowned faculty, take part in the excitement of campus and have the opportunity to explore the city of Pittsburgh. Also, check out:
- SUCCEED - Expand your understanding of energy, the environment, and how those relate to climate change.
- Andrew's Leap! - Get a head start on computer languages and more!
- Summer Academy for Math + Science (SAMS) - For Juniors and Seniors